Christmas is an ideal time for reacquainting ourselves with the wonder and wonders of our God. For those who have been away, it’s a perfect time to step back into the life of the church. It is also an unintimidating entry point for those who have little connection with the faith. So, while holiday schedules push and pull on us, we hope you will find your way to the pews to revel in the magic of God’s story and that you will bring a friend to hear the story, too.
- 5 PM – Choral music and carols (There are some stunning pieces here, just the ticket for getting your heart and mind prepared for worship.)
- 5:30 PM – Worship with communion and candlelight
- Focal Scripture – Luke 2:8-20
- Sermon Title – “Ready, Set, Christmas”
- 9:30 AM – Christmas Breakfast and Service of Lessons and Carols. Come, help fill hungry bellies with good food on this Christmas morning. And have your own belly filled as well. We will break bread (and muffins and breakfast casserole and . . . ) together and participate in a light hearted worship service, with all the traditional lessons and carols, sung with an upbeat kick. The whole service is in Converse Hall.
- People are still needed to help with set-up, cleanup, and providing food. Please contact Cathie Magnan-Power to volunteer.
Don’t forget that you can bring your Reverse Advent boxes to either service or drop them in the church office at your availability.
I can’t wait to sing “Joy to the World” with you. Peace, hope and love,