Last week, as part of our Lenten Series (Core Strength: 40 Days of Spiritual Fitness), we looked at the embodied practice of Sabbath. This week we explore another embodied practice: service.
As part of our worship experience, we will package 10,000 meals alongside Rise Against Hunger. Please note, that this will likely take us until 12:30-12:45 to complete. While we would love for you to stay and help complete this process, we understand if you must depart earlier.
Some things to know:
- This is a great day to bring friends. We are going to make an impact in the developing world in a short amount of time, right in our own parlor. What an awesome thing to be a part of.
- This service project is for all ages. We need young kids as runners, strong lifters to carry large bags of food, and as many others as we can get to serve in standing and sitting capacities.
- You must register to participate.
- It will be so helpful if you will go ahead and signup at this link.
- You may also signup during the Sunday School hour or prior to worship, in the hallway outside the parlor. (And you may sign up during worship, but that will make things take longer, so please, please, please take a few minutes and do it ahead of time.)
I am so excited to share this opportunity with you and for DHPC to make the difference in the lives of hungry people who do not have access to enough nourishment.
Until we worship and serve together,