Theology 101 is a monthly primer about what Presbyterians profess to believe. The class will break down theological concepts into bite-size chunks so that we can hear more about the specifics of our faith.
Syllabus – Theology 101 is offered on the first Sunday of the month, at 9:45 AM, in the Parlor. Pastor Shelli leads this class unless otherwise noted.
- October 2 – Introduction (What is the Reformed tradition? And what do we mean by theology, anyway?) This also serve as the first class for our October new member’s class.
- November 6 – The Triune God. Guest Professor: Dr. Martha Moore-Keish, Associate Professor of Theology, Columbia Theological Seminary.
- December 4 – Incarnation. Guest Professor: Dr. Tim Hartman, Assistant Professor of Theology, Columbia Theological Seminary.
- February 5 – The Doctrine of Creation
- March 5 – Crucifixion: Why Did Jesus Have to Die?
- April 2 – Resurrection: What Did it Do?
- May 7 – Theology of Mission
- June 4 – The Holy Spirit