Please note this class is on hiatus for the summer. Stay tuned for details about the 2017-2018 Sunday school plans.
What do we mean when we say, “God in three persons”? What do we believe about salvation? Who can get baptized, and what happens when the water is sprinkled?
Theology 101 is a monthly primer about what Presbyterians profess to believe. The class will break down theological concepts into bite-size chunks so that we can hear more about the specifics of our faith.
Syllabus – Theology 101 is offered on the first Sunday of the month, at 9:45 AM, in the Parlor. Pastor Shelli leads this class unless otherwise noted.
- October 2 – Introduction (What is the Reformed tradition? And what do we mean by theology, anyway?) This also serve as the first class for our October new member’s class.
- November 6 – The Triune God. Guest Professor: Dr. Martha Moore-Keish, Associate Professor of Theology, Columbia Theological Seminary.
- December 4 – Incarnation. Guest Professor: Dr. Tim Hartman, Assistant Professor of Theology, Columbia Theological Seminary.
- February 5 – The Doctrine of Creation
- March 5 – Crucifixion: Why Did Jesus Have to Die?
- April 2 – Resurrection: What Did it Do?
- May 7 – Theology of Mission