On the Fourth Sunday of Advent, we light the candle of “love” a reminder that love can’t wait to be among us and to be lived out through us. It is a special Sunday of fellowship. Most important to note is that worship is a breakfast that begins at 10 AM. Second is that this is a casual service (but at DHPC however you come, you are welcome). Pajamas and comfy clothes are just fine.
We will gather in the parlor for fellowship and a shared meal provided by the Worship Ministry Team. Join us for:
- A warm and tasty breakfast with friends old and new
- Faux-mimosa toasts to the love we see and hope to see in the world
- A pop-up Christmas pageant
- Congregational carols and the anthem sung by Finn Sandifer, one of the children of the church
- Worship and Mission stations following the service that allow you to continue to reflect on Christ’s love through acts of service and reflection
Do you have friends or family in Atlanta before Christmas? Bring them along, this is a great family-like gathering with hospitality to spare. Have you invited a friend or neighbor to Christmas Eve worship? This is a time when those curious about church may be looking for a place to see what the story is all about. I can’t think of a more welcoming place than DHPC for people to encounter the love of Christ this Christmas.
I cherish the opportunity to celebrate these holy days with you,